Time to have some fun with your friends. Playing games is your chance to build friendships by leading a series of fun, inventive, and challenging games. Making games is about pushing boundaries of creativity and possibility: It’s not just about thinking outside the box, but getting rid of the box all together. Enjoy exploring your imagination!
Below are a few ideas to get you started.
Bringing People Together With Games Activity Booklet
Before jumping into a few ideas, do you want to skip all the planning? If so, use this Activity Booklet and have your girls playing a number of fun interactive games to get to know each other better, putting together a real world bingo game, challenging each other to a puzzle show down, creating a physical obstacle course, and having fun on a scavenger hunt. With a step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting. Learn more and get yours today!
- Be sure to also checkout these other activities your girls will love:
- Design And Build Your Own Website: Web Designer Activities
- Let’s Get Creative: Collage Artist Activities
- Put Together A Performance: Troupe Performer Activities
- Learn What Is Behind Beauty: Science of Style Activities
- How To Live A Healthier Life: Women’s Health Activities
- Learn About Voting & Election: Behind The Ballot Activities
Other Fun Activities To Try
Break the Ice Games
- True or False –Ask everyone to write on a piece of paper THREE things about themselves, which may not be known to the others in the group. Two are true and one is not. Taking turns they read out the three ‘facts’ about themselves and the rest of the group votes, which are true and false.
- I Never – Sit in a circle and give everyone a pile of 20 pieces of candy. Go around the circle saying things that you’ve never done – for instance, “I’ve never been to Europe,” or “I’ve never stayed up all night.” After every statement, anyone who’s done that thing eats a piece of her candy. Whoever eats all their candy first is the winner.
- Supermarket – The first player says: “I went to the supermarket to buy an Apple (or any other object you can buy in a supermarket that begins with an A). The next player repeats the sentence, including the “A” word and adds a “B” word. Each successive player recites the sentence with all the alphabet items, adding one of his own. For example; ‘I went to the supermarket and bought an Apple, Banana, CD, dog food, envelopes, frozen fish’. It’s not too hard to reach the end of the alphabet, usually with a little help! Watch out for ‘Q’ and ‘X’
- Pie Face Game – If you want to have fun and get messy try this fun hilarious pie face game that might just splat you in the face. The Pie-throwing arm could go off at any moment and the girls will score a point every time you turn the handle without getting splatted. Get a copy of the game here: Pie Face Game
Girls take their bingo card put free space in middle and walk around and see objects and items around the room and write a different item in each square (items that can be collected). Once their whole bingo card is full they will trade bingo cards with someone else so everyone has a different bingo card. On go they need to go and fill their bingo card by finding the items listed on the bingo card they have in front of them and collect the item and bring back to group, there will be 24 things, Girl who completes first is winner. When done make sure girls put items away.
Create a Relay Race / Course
Have girls work together to create a relay course using the supplies given (two hula hoops, balloons, bean bags, orange cones, blind folds, Ping pong balls and paper) The girls will run this relay course for Junior and Cadettes during our down time after Daisy and Brownies leave.
Puzzle Scavenger Hunt
Split the girls into two groups 3 girls in each group. They must create a scavenger hunt to find 10 pieces to a child’s puzzle. After they create clues, have one group step out while the other group hides the pieces in their locations. Then have other group come out and hide their pieces. Once they have both hidden their pieces in hiding locations. Have each group trade clue list, and on go everyone must find all the pieces and put puzzle together in the quickest time.
Super alphabet hunt
Put girls into two groups, have them write a through z on a piece of paper. On go have each group go and locate a item that starts with each letter, collect it and write it down next to letter.The challenge is then to describe it using as many words as possible that start with the chosen letter. So b for “bird” would receive less points that b for “beautiful brown bird beside the barn.” Once the time is up, players must show their objects and share their captions – one point for every word that starts with the letter. Most points wins!
If you don’t want to spend the time planning, our Activity Booklet has step-by-step instructions with activities that don’t require any planning other than gathering supplies and printing booklets.
What do we do after your girls complete the activities?
Well of course give them the badge to display proudly on their vest, they earned it! Additionally If you are like many leaders we want to award our girls when they complete something even beyond just the patch. One great way to show achievement is with a certificate. Don’t worry you don’t have to make them, I found a resource that has done all the work for you and all you have to do is print them and customize the certificates with each girl’s name, badge or award earned, date, and troop leader. Editable certificates perfect for awarding girls after earning a badge.
More Resources For You Beyond This Site
I get asked a lot what other resources are out there on the internet for Leaders. I have done some digging over the years and have used many of the resources myself. I compiled a list of some great companies that sell patches, programs and also other bloggers offering amazing resources that may fit your needs even better than my site did. Checkout what I found.
Do you want more ideas like this one right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new activity booklets are available?
Get a 10% discount code to use in the shop and a Bingo game great for your troop when you sign up for the mailing list!