Showcasing Robots Activity Booklet | 6th – 8th Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Cadette Showcasing Robots badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet will have the girls writing, acting, and debugging to showcase their robots. Activities include improv, acting out commercials, and running their own hackathon. With step-by-step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting.
- Doing robot improv: Girls will practice the art of improvisation while reinforcing programming concepts.
- Writing a robot commercial: Girls will learn about 5 real life robots and practice pitching a robot through a commercial.
- Pitch your own robot – Girls will use their pitch skills to promote a robot of their own design.
- Hold your own hackathon- Girls will learn about and experience their own mini ”hackathon”, an event where software developers, designers, and engineers come together to build projects and solve problems collaboratively.
- Present superlative awards– Girls will celebrate each other’s achievements and give each other specific feedback on what was special about each of their performances.
IMPORTANT: You will need the internet and computer for some of the activities in this booklet.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about showcasing their robots, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.