Savvy Shopper Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Savvy Shopper badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet will have activities that are hands on to keep the girls engaged while earning badge and digging into their own needs and wants with interactive activities, games and worksheets. Activities to help girls understand buyers remorse, shopping smarter by doing research with a comparison scavenger hunt and lastly plan how to spend money as a group. With step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting. These activities were designed to fulfill the requirements for the savvy shopper badge for Juniors.
- What is a need vs a want –girls will do two activities exploring the wants and needs of other people, then dig deeper into their own wants and needs.
- Why do you want that – Playing a game wants and needs you will expore how things have changed over the years, girls will compare their wants/needs to their parents and understand better the cost associated with wants and needs.
- Be Happy With What You Buy – girls will explore buyers remorse and how to be happy with purchases with two activities
- Research before purchasing – Girls will go on a comparison scavenger hunt to understand how important it is to do your research before making big purchases.
- Planning for a Purchase – The girls will use worksheets to plan what they will spend their cookie profits on or other fundraising money on and complete a want and need service project.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about shopping smart and saving money, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.