Product Designer Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Product Designer Badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet has engaging exercises that teach girls how to analyze what makes a good product and how to design their own, just like a professional product designer! These activities include doing user interviews, analyzing web-based products, and building a web-based prototype. With step-by-step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting. Learn more about this activity booklet and get yours today!
- Understand digital product design: Girls will learn what a product designer does and what is website user interface design.
- Observe a product in action: Girls will learn how product designers use observation to understand the user experience.
- Redesign the product: Girls will compare their experience with other website products, and then sketch a redesign of a website.
- Build a revised product: Girls will how to “remix” websites and make them better.
- Create a new product: Girls will make a prototype of your own website, on paper and online.
IMPORTANT: You will need the internet and computer for many of the activities and is based on building a web-based product. If you want to just do physical products stick to the ideas in the blog post. The booklet does include the physical product ideas: the Remix game, IDEO shopping cart video activity and everything you need for the Wallet activity. But if you do not want to do any web-based product activities just use the ideas in blog here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.