First Aid Activity Booklet | 6th – 8th Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Cadette First Aid badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
As you continue to grow older, you will find yourself in situations where you are the one responsible for not only yourself, but the one’s around you as well. It is your responsibility to prevent injuries and, in some cases, jump into action to handle the situation.
This booklet includes a number of challenges and games to help prepare you and your girls for real-life situations and in some cases emergencies. These situations can be scary but when you are prepared and know how to handle it, not only will you know what to do, but you could potentially save someone’s life!
- Taking care of others: Activity to teach your girls how to triage a situation and what they need to do when calling for help.
- Know your first aid kit: Two activities including a “I have/Who has card game” to learn about the supplies in their kit, and a game that will make packing a first aid kit exciting and sure to bring a lot of laughs to the group.
- Prevent and care for injuries: Teach your girls how to treat 4 different types of injuries with a fun scavenger hunt.
- Shock & emergency knowledge: Explore everything about shock including how to tell if someone is in shock and how to treat it. Also play a game to further understand what requires a 911 call and what type of injuries do not.
- Weather Related Injuries: Learn more about weather related symptoms with a matching game and then play a game to see how much safety knowledge you have challenging the other girls in your group.
Every step also includes a real world activity you can do some of them or all of them with your girls to bring together everything they have learned.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls how to help others and themselves in case of a emergency, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.