Designing Robots Activity Booklet | 6th – 8th Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Cadette Designing Robots badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet will have the girls coming up with creative design solutions with activities including learning about robot sensors, decision-making flowcharts, and rapid prototyping!
- Brainstorming how robots can help – Girls will learn examples of how robots help people and come up with their own creative possibilities.
- Understanding robot sensors – Girls will learn how different sensors work and provide input to robots with unique capabilities.
- Building flowcharts – Girls will create their own flowchart defining how their robots should make decisions.
- Designing a Prototype – Girls will use a graphic design program to build an example prototype and then create their own.
- Practicing design feedback – Girls will experience giving feedback on robot design, using the “Uncanny Valley” framework.
IMPORTANT: You will need the internet and computer for some of the activities in this booklet.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about being a super robotics engineer, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.