Painting Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie Painting badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
It will have activities that are hands on to keep the girls engaged while earning badge teaching the girls about different art periods, while having fun playing a game, they will have fun with painting with pipe cleaners, bubble wrap, plungers and their hands. The girls will take a crack at painting something from the real world, and working as a group putting together a large mural to be used in a place of the girls choosing. With step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting.
- Learn more about painting and get inspired: the girls will explore 4 different art periods: pop art, cubism, impressionism, and realism and play a game to see how many paintings they can match to the right art period
- Paint something in the real world Girls will paint some of their favorite things and learn more about still life painting.
- Whats your mood? paint it – Girls will explore how different colors portray different moods. The activities in this step will allow girls to learn what colors mean as well as paint their own mood painting based on their mood.
- Fun without a brush – Paint using a variety of supplies, specifically without using a paint brush. The activity has different options to follow for your meeting.
- Paint to tell a story – Learn more about murals and have the girls decide on a mural to make as a group.
Activities 2- 5 also includes a just for fun painting activity you can do to add even more to your troop meetings. These activities will allow girls to explore even more unique ways to paint using pipe cleaners, bubble wrap, plungers and simply using their hands.
Additionally included with this booklet is the freebie ideas that were shared here on blog. So no need to go back and forth everything is together in one booklet.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.