Your Cadette Scouts are in one of three categories. If your girls fall into one of the first two categories then I would continue on in this post where I will share a few ideas to help you and your girls enjoy earning the Cadette Public Speaker badge.
- They are eager to get in front of people and say a speech or be keynote speaker at a conference. And want to earn the badge to make themselves better!
- They are afraid of being in front of people and talking and want to earn the badge to help them get over that fear.
- They have no desire to ever earn this badge – if that is the case check out one of the other Cadette Badge ideas available here
Below are a few ideas to get you started.
Cadette Public Speaking Activity Booklet
Before jumping into a few ideas, do you want to skip all the planning? If so, use the Cadette Public Speaking Activity Booklet to fulfill the requirements for this Cadette Badge. This booklet includes activities, games, and worksheets to allow your girls to take over the meeting. Girls will learn how to perform alone by using topics to share a history. They will play a charade game with a twist, truths and lies game, and game using their drawing skills and body language to communicate. Girls will find their voice by finding the right tone and emotion for a popular toddler book and playing a game where the girls will use their voice and memory to complete the game tasks. They will create their very own improv act, and work on writing a speech for a special event. Lastly the girls will put everything they learned together and public speak in front of a crowd. With a step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting. Learn more about this activity booklet and get yours today!
Be sure to also checkout these other activity booklets for Cadettes:
- Cadette Comic Artist Activity Booklet
- Cadette Finance Your Dreams Activity Booklet
- Cadette Finding Common Ground Activity Booklet
- Cadette Science of Happiness Activity Booklet
Other Fun Public Speaker Activities
Get More Comfortable In Front of People
Have your girls pull out a action out of bowl. Then have them take turns going in front of group and acting it out without speaking, then have them do a action speaking without actually saying what the action was on card. Using words in a way to help the rest of group guess what they are. Here is also a great charade game with even more ideas: Charades Party Game – Family Charades-in-a-Box Compendium Board Game
- a bear riding a bike
- an octopus water-skiing
- a bunny dancing
- a monkey climbing a tree
- a squirrel burying a nut
- a raccoon digging through the garbage
- an ostrich burying his head in the sand
- a camel taking a nap
- a dog driving a car
- a kangaroo boxing
- a penguin going down a slide
- a dinosaur playing hopscotch
- a bird building a nest
- an alligator washing a car
- a flamingo drinking from a water fountain
- a cat giving himself a bath
- a fish going to school
- an elephant riding a roller coaster
- a pig playing hockey
- a giraffe playing basketball
Charade list came from: http://www.momsandmunchkins.ca/2012/04/05/kids-charades-ideas/
More Resources For My Leader Readers
I get asked a lot what other resources are out there on the internet for Leaders. I have done some digging over the years and have used many of the resources myself. I compiled a list of some great companies that sell patches, programs and also other bloggers offering amazing resources that may fit your needs even better than my site did. Checkout what I found.
Do you want more ideas like this one right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new activity booklets are available?
Get a 10% discount code to use in the shop and a Juliette Low “Daisy” Bingo game when you sign up for the mailing list!