If your getting ready to plan your Cadette meeting and need Cadette comic badge ideas look no further then this post. I am going to share with you some great resources that will give you everything you could ever need to earn this badge.
I have had two groups of girls come through and earn this badge in my troop. The first group we just winged it and tried to complete each step exactly how it was described. The girls seemed bored and uninterested in what we were doing. So the second group came along and I decided to put together a activity booklet where they could pretty much run the meeting on there own. Additionally I have used a few other great resources online to make earning this badge the most fun it could be and I share those ideas below as well. Feel free to use any or all the ideas I offer here.
Comic Artist Activity Booklet
Do you want to skip all the planning? If so, use the Cadette Comic Artist Activity Booklet to fulfill the requirements for this Cadette Badge. This booklet includes activities, games, and worksheets to allow your girls to take over the meeting. First your girls will learn about famous comics and make up their own stories with the pictures from those comics. They will play a game and create their own stories for characters they design. picking a character and a scenario. Your girls will learn how to draw comics with some drawing activities. They will learn about different facial expressions and how to add them to their comics. Then add words to their comic strips using speech bubbles. With a step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting. Learn more about this activity booklet and get yours today!
You may also be interested in these activity booklets for Cadettes:
- Cadette Finding Common Ground Activity Booklet
- Cadette Public Speaking Activity Booklet
- Cadette Science of Happiness Activity Booklet
Other Ideas To Earn The Comic Artist Badge
Make Your Own Comic In A Variety Of Ways
When you browse the web there are so many places you can get your hands on comic templates. Below is blank comic to get you started making your very own comic.
You could also try a few of these other options as well:
- WHOLE BOOK: If your girls really love making comics getting each girl their own book maybe a great addition to your meeting plan: Blank Comic Book with 130 pages and its professionally bound.
- SCRAPBOOK STYLE: Ever thought about making a Comic Book Scrapbook. Maybe your girls would enjoy a 12 x 12 size book to put their comic strips in. Here is a great collection of 6 different templates to get your book started.
- COMIC BOOK REPORT: I found this really cool concept on Teacher Pays Teacher where the girls could make up a comic based on one of their favorite books. It has everything you need to plan the comic and lay it out. Check it out here
- GROUP COMIC: How about buying a huge roll of white paper roll it out on floor at meeting and have girls start building a mega comic. You can put the squares in ahead of time and maybe have first girl draw in first square and then next girl goes to second building on story from first.
I don’t know if you have heard of this pretty cool site called Virtual Badges. It has a pile of badge support especially for Cadette girls and up and they are all free. You can pick a badge and there are 4 to 5 activities to do related to that badge. Saves you from having to plan a lot of stuff. Here is everything they have to help you earn the Comic Artist badge.
What do we do after your Cadette girls complete the badge?
Well of course give them the badge to display proudly on their vest, they earned it! Additionally If you are like many leaders we want to award our girls when they complete something even beyond just the patch. One great way to show achievement is with a certificate. Don’t worry you don’t have to make them, I found a resource that has done all the work for you and all you have to do is print them and customize the certificates with each girl’s name, date and troop leader. Click here to get a complete set of Girl Scout Cadette badge and journey certificates.
More Resources For A Successful Scouting Year
One thing we all know as leaders we need all the help we can get to make the program fun, educational, and to help build the girl leaders of tomorrow. You will want to bookmark this link for later. It will be one of my longer post, but I wanted to share as many resources as I could get my hands on, including some of my past posts, but most importantly I have been networking with other bloggers and businesses that also offer so much value to all of you and I wanted to get them all together into one place for easy reference. 12+ amazing resources to help you plan and organize your Girl Scout troop + FREE Kaper Chart Download
Do you want more ideas like this one right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new activity booklets are available?
Get a 10% discount code to use in the shop and a Juliette Low “Daisy” Bingo game when you sign up for the mailing list!