A really fun themed party, for this time of year, is a Grinch party. Young and old alike enjoy the story, about his heart being tiny and growing bigger, by the end of the story. I will share some things to get you started putting together a amazing Grinch Party with your girls.
Decorations can be elaborate or simple. It’s up to you and the other adults planning it. A “Welcome to Whoville” sign can be placed by the entrance, to welcome everyone. Red, light green, polka dots and stripes or any bright colors make it look like “ Whoville”. Since the whole story is about Grinch finding the meaning of Christmas a poster with one of Grinch’s best lines “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps means a little bit more!” would be great to have put up in party space.
Here is the free printable to use with your troop.
Read or Watch The Grinch With Your Girls
“How the Grinch Stole Christmas”, by Dr. Suess, is a beloved Christmas story. You can read the story to your troop, at the meeting, or if you have the time watch the movie, especially if you have girls that are unfamiliar with the story. This will make the activities at the party even more fun.
It’s always fun to have something to take home to remind you of your party. A Grinch ornament is a fun and easy craft to make.
What you need: a clear ornament for each girl (glass or plastic) depending on the age of your girls. Black sharpie markers, adhesive spray and light green glitter.
How to make:
- Draw the Grinch’s face on one side of the ornament, with a sharpie marker. (you should have a drawing or model for the girls to look at) Girls can add their name or the year, on the opposite side of the ornament. Let it dry for a couple of minutes so it doesn’t smudge.
- Remove the top of the ornament and set it aside. If you have younger girls you may need to help them remove it.
- Place the nozzle, of the adhesive spray, flush with the opening, of the ornament. Swirl around until adhesive is on all of the inside of the ornament. Turn ornament upside down over a paper towel and let excess adhesive drain out for a few minutes.
- Pour at least a ½ teaspoon of light green glitter inside of the ornament and swirl around until all of the ornament is covered with glitter. Hold upside down so clumps of glitter don’t settle in the bottom of the ornament.
- Once dry, replace the top of the ornament.
Grinch Ornament Roll
What you need: Painters tape, non-breakable ornament
How to play: Make a start and finish line on opposite sides of the room. Painters tape is great because it removes easily. Give each girl a nonbreakable ornament. The ornaments should be similar in size and shape. The girls get down on their hands and knees at the start line. When you say go they use only their nose to roll the ornament over the finish line. The first girl over the finish line wins.
What you need: 2 Christmas stockings, 2 spoons, small unbreakable ornaments, jingle bells, ping pong balls and any other small trinkets. You will need the same supplies for each team.
How to play: You will need a starting line and 2 Christmas stockings hanging at the finish line. Each team gets a spoon to hold in one hand. The girls take turns running while holding the spoon with a ornament, ping pong balls and other small trinkets you gathered on the spoon. When the girl gets to end they must place it in the stocking then run back and give the spoon to the next girl in line. This continues until the stocking has all the stocking stuffers in it. The first team done wins. Make sure you have enough items for each girl to get a chance.
Here are a few simple ideas for snacks to get you started of course you can get as elaborate with snacks that you would like: **Check out my Grinch Party Pinterest Board for even more ideas.
- Large Heart shaped cookies with green cookie dough or green frosting with a small red heart in the middle are a cute snack idea.
- Green jello already prepared in a plastic cup is simple and fun. You flip the jello upside down and draw a Grinch face on each cup. You can add a tiny Santa hat if you want to.
- “Whoville pudding” is another idea. It doesn’t have to be green. It can be any flavor you think your girls would enjoy. Then just place a sign on the table that says Whoville Pudding.
Fun Patch & Grinch Bingo
If you are having fun with all the Grinch party ideas, it be great to get out and show kindness to others this time of year. If you want a free printable Grinch bingo game where the girls can do random acts of kindness around the neighborhood they will love this fun patch and game. Get this adorable fun patch for your girls
You’ve Been Elfed: Mystery Scavenger Hunt
Showing others kindness during the holidays is a big part to the Grinch story. Have you ever heard of the concept of delivering Christmas cheer around your neighborhood and leaving note that said “You’ve Been Elfed”? This activity booklet is a mystery scavenger hunt where your girls will be helping Santa solve a mystery and learn more about being kind to others during the holiday season. Learn more about this mystery game and get yours today!
I hope you enjoy this ideas and have a great Grinch party!
Do you want more ideas like this one right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new activity booklets are available?
Get a 10% discount code to use in the shop and a Bingo game great for your troop when you sign up for the mailing list!