World Thinking Day is February 22nd every year!
Do you know what World Thinking Day is for? It is when Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from 146 countries celebrate being part of the global sisterhood. Each year there is a different theme you can get more information on the theme for this year by going to the Girl Scout Website, click here.
This post I want to share everything I have found online that has been useful for my troop, resources I have on this website, and any fun patches I have located that you may also find helpful for your troop
First lets cover all the Leader Connecting Leaders resources to help you plan your World Thinking Day event
- World Thinking Day Bingo game – with 24 different facts to learn about while having fun getting a BINGO. Click here to get yours.
- Around the world memory game – This game will teach your girls 12 different facts about each of the 5 World Centre locations: Mexico, Switzerland, India, Africa and the United Kingdom. Get yours here.
- Birthday’s around the world – Do you want a fun way for your girls to learn about birthdays around the world. Get yours here.
- Check out the Airplane Ride where girls will take a airplane ride around the world and complete activities at your World Thinking Day event. Click here.
- Check out the Word Trefoil game where girls will learn the meaning of the Trefoil pin. Click here.
Have you heard of Makingfriends.com?
This website has 100s of ideas for every level of scouts, but todays focus is the wide variety of World Thinking Day resources that are offered on the website. You will find activity booklets, free printables, crafts, SWAPs and more. Browse all the ideas here
Here are some great ideas for World Thinking Day Patches – If you are looking for interesting fun patch to put on the back of your girls vest, Makingfriends.com has a pile of different kind, some are specific for the year, but they also have a lot that are specific to the country you may be focusing on for your troops World Thinking Day event. Click here to browse all the patches on Makingfriends.com site
Here are a few purchasable products you can buy on the teacher pay teacher website:
- World Flags, World Friends – World Thinking Day Activity Pack – This HUGE 113-page activity pack includes five different scouting helpers featuring flags and girls in traditional dress from twelve different nations from around the world.
STEM Around the World in 10 Days – Looking for an engaging way to teach geography? Have girls solve STEM challenge that relates to each continent? There is challenge for each of the 7 continents.Games, activities, and more for World Thinking Day
- Games from around the world – here are a pile of games to play from around the world
- 50 Ways to say hello – this page has great sheet to use to teach your girls how to say hello in a different language
- Learn about children around the world – this book will teach girls about 12 children from around the world and describe such things as the language, food, clothing, schooling and daily life of their region
- Idea Toolkits for planning events for different countries – Using resources wisely is a another blog you need to follow, I searched for everything she has for World Thinking Day and there are some great ideas for you to review.
- My Favorite Resource: Pinterest – I have a board with over 234 post that can get you started, but be sure to search Pinterest as a whole because there are more ideas then you could ever imagine on this resource.
Anything else? If you know of anything else that you have used and it was a great online resource, send me message through email and Ill get it added to the list. Email here
Do you want more ideas like this one right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new activity booklets are available?
Get a 10% discount code to use in the shop and a Juliette Low “Daisy” Bingo game when you sign up for the mailing list!